Tuesday 8 December 2015

Christmas Music

For over 5 years now, I've been playing electronic keyboard (with some dabbling at other instruments, mostly piano) and I reached Grade 6. However, this year I had to give it up to focus on my A-levels as even I'm not stupid enough to tackle 6 A2 subjects whilst being out of the house from 7a.m. to 5:30p.m. every day because of school.
To be honest, the lack of music lessons and not working on a grade hasn't made much difference to my life, as I still just pick up music books and play whenever I feel like it, and being a pretty good sight-reader has helped that.
Earlier, I was feeling really Christmassy and went to play some Christmas songs so I went to my music collection and started digging out all the Christmas song books I have and I realised in horror that I have very few - I used to borrow the majority from my music teacher!
I must admit I was rather devastated but, luckily, my grandparents were out so they picked me up two books and I've just spend the past couple hours playing all the Christmas songs to my hearts content and now, if possible, I feel even more festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment