Tuesday 16 August 2016

Guest Post: Truthsong Dream Movie Cast by Elisabeth Hamill

Hi! I’m Elisabeth Hamill, the author of TRUTHSONG, book two in the Songmaker series. When I read, I definitely have an idea of what a character looks and sounds like in my head. They don’t necessarily match a living person. That’s the great part about reading, for me: the pictures in my head are so clear, it’s like watching a film. Sometimes, a character I’m writing is that clear. Most recently, John Malkovich’s voice and sarcastic manner took over a character I wrote in an adult urban fantasy, and I still hear his voice when I read that character’s lines.

Would I like to see a movie of one of my books—especially if I got to cast it? Uh, let me think about it for a… YES. 

So, yes, some of these folks would have to be aged up or down a little bit, but I’d pay to see this dream cast of TRUTHSONG!

I love Camren Bicondova on Gotham, and I think she might make an excellent Telyn:


She has the right eyes, hair…I don’t know if she can play the harp or sing, but hey, movie magic, right?





Mithrais could be Sam Claflin. And if he brings his own sugar cubes, even better.









His parents would have to be gorgeous to make such a beautiful son. So…

The first person that comes to mind for Princess Marithiel is Charlize Theron.  The golden beauty, the hauteur, the stink-eye…yeah. She’s perfect.






Gerard Butler, but aged up a little, as Gwidion. Hell, yes.

















Telyn’s nemesis, Lord Vuldur, is a no-brainer for me. Liam Neeson can play around in the realm of crazy just fine.









Telyn’s charming cousin Emrys would definitely be Aidan Turner:














King Amorion…Oh, it would have to be Lee Pace.  He could play a dual role as Gilmarion, too, since their resemblance is striking.







So, those are my dream casting choices for some of the major characters in TRUTHSONG. Anybody want to see this movie with me?

Find out more about Truthsong here

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me today, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for the movie cast, it's pretty amazing! Great to see some of my favourites in the list

      Delete
  2. Love the choices. They do fit how I see the characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the book, but if that's what the characters look like, maybe I need to!

      Delete
  3. I like Liam Neeson too much for him to be Vuldar. Need someone slimier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love him too. He totally brings the nut-job vibe though when he's really intense. I have to stick with him!

    ReplyDelete