Sunday 4 September 2016

Ship It Or Rip It Part 1

Welcome to Ship It Or Rip It!

I saw this idea on booktube a while ago (can't remember who, sorry!) and fell in love with it. Essentially, you randomly pick two characters and decide whether you can see them as a couple (ship it) or think it's a terrible idea (rip it).

I currently have a list of 60 characters, and will be doing 5 pairings in each post, which means I have 6 posts lined up. But, (and here comes the fun part), I'd love to know who your favourite characters are too! Just leave a comment and I'll add them to the list!

America (The Selection) and Lucien (A Court of Thorns and Roses)

Initially I laughed, but I actually can sort of see it? America is a very strong willed girl, which matches Lucien well. I can also see America fitting in at The Summer Court quite well too! Plus, they both have gorgeous red hair and imagine their children! 

Verdict: Ship it.

Magnus Bane (The Mortal Instruments, etc) and Four (Divergent)

Magnus would try so hard to make it work. Four is definitely Mangus' type. Dark hair, moody, hiding a dark past. It's a shame that I don't think Four would ever even consider befriending Magnus, let alone dating him! 

Verdict: Ship it.

Percy Jackson and Magnus Chase

So, these two Rick Riordan characters... Nope, I just don't see it. I think they're too similar. Both halfbloods (one being Greek, the other Norse), and normal kid turned hero. They might make it as friends as they have a lot in common, but I just don't see them getting all cute together. 

Verdict: Rip it.

Queen Guinevere and Morgana/Morgan Le Fey (Arthurian Legend)

Nope. Nope. Nope. Okay, Gwen and Morgana from Series 1 of BBC's Merlin, yes, I could ship that forever. But Gwen and Morgana from actual Arthurian myths and from the numerous books I have read about them, just never in a million years.

Verdict: Rip it.

King Arthur (Arthurian Legend) and Jo Montfort (These Shallow Graves)

Hmm, interesting one! I can see Jo respecting Arthur for what he's done. Also, as a Victorian era girl, I can see her being swooned by the fact that he is royal. I can't see Arthur being all too fond of Jo though, as she is quite a forward woman for her time era. 

Verdict: Rip it.

So that's all for Part 1 of Ship It Or Rip It! I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know your opinion on these pairings in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment